Thursday, March 12, 2009

Work in Progress

My tiny "studio" under the stairs.
This is where i get in the zone.
It's a small space where a TV used to be.
The TV died.
We took it out to get repaired.
Then it never got to come back.
Maybe it wasn't important enough.
So i converted its area to my studio.


This is a work in progress of a still life study.
I'm trying to learn textures by using a cupcake.
It has a nice organic roughness.
Soft at the same time.

Yes, I'm guilty of using cheap oil paints.
A lot of books and online articles strongly advice against it.
Honestly, I don't know why.
Maybe because I haven't tried using expensive quality paints.
I have not experienced how it feels.
For me, this cheap stuff works fine.
Marie's and Nouvell oil paints.
I've been using these brands since forever.
All the other brands are too expensive for my budget.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: